Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#141  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, I missed a lot.

...Sexy Bomber, huh? That's... Konami, alright.

Except, thanks to the English version, now we have two distinctly unrelated Karaoke Bombers (why couldn't they just revert her to Pretty Bomber?). :stun: 

Phantom Bomber seems like a weird choice too, especially since he's still a genius.

Ohhhhh well. At least their personalities are largely untouched!

And, Buggler (I suppose that solves the Bugler problem) is confirmed for being a cyborg, at least in this canon. I assume that was supposed to be the case in the old canon as well, but we'll probably never know.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#142  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:32 am  Reply with quote + 
I just watched both the English and Japanese cutscenes (probably should have done that first).

* Interesting that Buggler still revives the villains from scrap like in SB3. So, what's their backstory, then? How were they defeated before? Etc.
* Buggler pronounces his name like "Bagula" in English, even though the narrator does not. I'm personally sticking to this.
* Some of the English voice acting is actually better than I'd expected, particularly Buggler's. I'll take what I can get, personally.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#143  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
@Sora, thanks for your hard work!

Buggler sounds good, yeah.

I don't have that much faith neither in Konami nor in this localization team but a case could be made that the reason they didn't revert to Pretty Bomber was that they didn't want to imply their idol of nearly a decade had a bad singing voice, haha.

Gonna keep calling them Pretty Bomber and Brain Bomber.

Oh hey, new art:

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#144  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman TV, huh.........WHAT COULD THIS MEAN...

@Plasma Captain: Buggler is definitely my vote for the best of the English voice-acting. (Though the mistimed mouth syncing gave me serious flashbacks/nostalgia to Generation, hilariously enough. I'm almost positive it was intentional.) The acting for the bombersibs aren't terrible, but the samevoiciness of them is really distracting to me. :cry:  Looks like when Konami said there was going to be all-star voice-acting, they were only referring to the Japanese voices. Which is about as much as we could have expected, I suppose, since voice actors are a much bigger deal in Japan than in America. A language switch option is looking unlikely too...

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
legato
Bomberman

Post#145  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Beautiful job as always guys. Here's a few thoughts:

-@Sora, I was thinking of some kind of place with all the imagery of SBR we've shared thus far and more we find in the future, making it like a handy database to view all the images at once. I was thinking of something similar to the Wiki, although I'm not sure if you already have an archive like that on your site.

-"Bomberman Bros." is a strange definition for these characters. I never thought of them as being related before.

- I'm really liking this new style. The comedic effects are pretty good, I like how every color has a different personality and they're all dysfunctional. It's like a big, silly family.

- The redesigns of the villains are really cool. I like that Plasma has wings and Bagular looks badass. He looks and sounds so insane that I can only imagine what stunts he'll pull as a final boss (I'm assuming some brain in a jar stuff as usual.) That said, calling him Buggler is just weird. I don't understand why the english version can't just use more literal translations, especially in this day and age.

- All in all, I'm very grateful for Konami for making this game. If nothing else, they gave this series a chance under their wing, going as far as to release a retail console game. I'm shocked honestly! The 33rd anniversary thing is a nice touch. Bomberman has a history that predates many historical characters in the video game world and should be honored as such.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#146  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
@Sora, it apparently means a short program where they talk about the game with the seiyuu that is going to air on the official YouTube channel later this month.

@Legato, in the Japanese version they romanized it as Bugler in this stage, so technically this is the most correct version since it had never been romanized before within a Japanese source. Not that I begrudge anyone that decides to keep using Bagura or one of the other names he had over the years, just explaining their possible reasoning.

I was thinking the bad lip sync could be due to them using the Japanese video, not the game itself, as the source... that being said, Konami.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#147  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah! It looks like Yanagihara (Magnet) and Hirai (Golem) are going to be MCing that program. Sweeeeeet.

@legato: Nah, nothing like that. You'd just have to search through the SBR tags, since it's a Tumblr. Presumably one could just put all the stuff up on the existing Bomberman wikia, but I've never done it myself.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#148  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Re: Wikis:

Some time ago, I started a new, private wiki called Bomberpedia:

http://bomberpedia.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

In order to avert the mistakes of the old wiki, and to prevent misinformation and vandalism from running rampant on it, it is editable by private invite only. If one of you trusted allies would like to mess around on there, be my guest; just send me the name of your ShoutWiki account.

Re: Karaoke Bomber:

I really doubt that Konami would care that much, but who knows. I assume they named her "Sexy Bomber" because, well, it's Konami. Then in the English version they wanted to keep their E rating, so they had to switch it to something else. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the localization team wasn't familiar with the Pretty Bomber name to begin with, and just proposed Karaoke Bomber (it seems as though they weren't familiar with the original Karaoke Bomber, at the least).
legato
Bomberman

Post#149  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
@herrDoktorat Oh I didn't see that back there. I guess we'll just call him one of many different names as usual :oops:  He needs a silly name to round them all up like Emperor B or Lord B.

@Sora Yeah maybe I'll put my internet scouring abilities to use and throw all this stuff into an archive somewhere. One of my few skills as a human being lol.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#150  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
That wiki looks great, at least visually speaking. I'll keep it on hand, although I don't know if I'll get around to contributing since I'm drowning in other bomberprojects.

RE: Bomberman TV, it will be hosted by Magnet and Golem's VAs (at least for the first episode, not sure about later ones) and the first guest will be White's VA. Not sure if the program will run for two months only or if it's from February onward. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#151  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:14 pm  Reply with quote + 

Casual shitposting, don't mind me.

I also did a quick edit of the redesign where I colored his skin blue, closer to his old design.

herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#152  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
I want one where he looks like Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts, hahaha.
legato
Bomberman

Post#153  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Where is this Bomberman TV thing going to be? Is it on youtube or like a podcast?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#154  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's on YouTube.

Hah hah those recolours are great. I will say that despite how wildly his new design diverges from his classic design, it looks really badass and I like it.

Re: Wiki: Thanks. There are some articles scattered about but not much as I don't have the time to work on it a lot. The invitation stands; it's just legato and I right now.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#155  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wouldn't it be great if we were paid just to research and write about Bomberman...

It was weird at first to see Bagular with regular human skintone, but I'm actually digging the redesign too. Combined with his voice-acting, he's become pretty epic now.

EDIT: Also, yes, Bomberman TV will be on Konami's YouTube channel.

Evi
Bombertrainee

Post#156  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
I guess it's just me, but I'm still kinda... Unsure about the new design for Buglaguralgera, it looks fine but I'm not entirely accepting of it just yet.
I do like the new design with blue recolor, so I guess I'm just more used to Bagura's original design. >.<

And with the names, I guess it could've been worse, like calling Golem Bomber "Fire Bomber".
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#157  Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if we were paid just to research and write about Bomberman...

Indeed. I would practically be set for life. :sad: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#158  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Did these for fun:

Pretty Bomber has normal shoes, and her cape and skirt seem to actually have a line pattern instead of it being a shading thing. Also, her mask is inverted here for some reason even though her own accessory isn't, and Brain has his faceplate in the correct place as well, so maybe she can switch positions?

I did a rotated version anyway:

I really love this shot of them because Pretty Bomber is at the forefront. <3
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#159  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Cool GIF's!

...It's weird how Magnet Bomber's scarf doesn't move. :normal: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#160  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Konami UK went rogue from the Facebook account, it seems:

Brain Bomber got one too:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 8 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2345s
Index - Back to Top