Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Faiyz
Bomberbie

Post#221  Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I seem to have found a secret mechanic for the power glove. I was able to throw it farther/nearer with this technique but I can't quite do it consistently.

This is something that you can also do in Bomberman games, as the Power Glove's secondary use is to stun opponents in battle.
When you are not too far across from the opponent, throwing a bomb on top will become priority.
Same goes for Power Bomberman's engine, so this is perfectly normal.
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#222  Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I seem to have found a secret mechanic for the power glove. Maybe something to do with timing after pick up and pressing a direction. I was able to throw it farther/nearer with this technique but I can't quite do it consistently.

EDIT: Wait... Does this have anything to do with a strange request about throw behavior I made before? If it is, then it doesn't have anything to do with timing but it does enemy position.
If you have an enemy Bomberman in front of you, you will throw your bomb farther/closer depending on the distance, so the bomb lands on the top of the enemy's head.

You actually requested that before, if there is anything erratic about it it might be a bug
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#223  Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Bug Report:
Miss Honey killed herself with a bomb due to AI Glitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcO3ialL574#t=31
Milon made a mistake due to AI Glitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcO3ialL574#t=101
jouls33t
Bomberbie

Post#224  Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
This fangame is awesome ! It has almost the same flavour as the Sega Saturn one, plus all the best powerups in the SNES series. The AI it's pretty impressive too, I'm stuck in around the 32nd trial battle. To me it looks like there is very little to improve.
One suggestion may be a single player adventure mode like that of psx bomberman land (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phnh6A68wnM), or maybe just a co-op stage mode a la Saturn Bomberman, and maybe you could expand the stage by adding some tiles of the GBA Bomberman Max (if they are compatible in size...)
Jei
Bomberman

Post#225  Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for feedback. Normal Mode will eventually be in, I don't think there will be anything like that special mode from linked video though.
PyroInferno110
Bomberbie

Post#226  Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey can you plz give me a link of those sprites I'm trying to create a bomber man game out of GM 8.1 myself. I'm new to GM 8.1 Kind of. But you seem pretty advanced.
I am the Rage,
I am the Chaos,
I am the Insanity,
OF DESTRUCTION!

That is my quote.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#227  Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Just to break the silence, here's some ideas for AI behavior. These behaviors can be either randomly executed by the AI at any time or maybe have AIs randomly selected and apply these behaviors to them so they do it for the rest of the match (in proper moderation of course).

-running away from pushers
-cooking bombs then powergloving them
-cooking bombs then kicking them
-cooking bombs then punching them
-slightly cooking bombs then drilling them
-... anything that involves bomb cooking
-spamming any powerup that involves moving bombs
-waiting in a trap area with a powerup (area where there is only 1 escape route, usually surrounded by softblocks) and trapping the player that takes the powerup
-clearing out large quantities of softblocks with the drill
-doing suicidal moves when using a pink mount (which it can just use to survive said moves)
-actively chasing people
-actively avoiding people
-using bomb moving powerups to get rid of large quantities of pickups
-hang back and wait for people to kill each other
-relentlessly target a specific player
-throw every player it comes into contact with with a power glove
-actively target weak players (less powerups)
-actively stun players and rid them of powerups
-kick/throw/punch/juggle then detonate
-use bomb moving powerups to move bombs into explosions to detonate them

I might post more as I come up with them. Quite fun to think of these.

Last edited by Someone64 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:00 am
Jei
Bomberman

Post#228  Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Some very decent concepts in there, will definitely consider adding those which aren't in already

Thanks for posting
dethkwok
Bomberbie

Post#229  Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey,

Awesome project! This game is one of the best clones yet!

If you need donations, I wouldn't mind giving some.

I agree with some points here, such as better AI that know how to use their power ups. And maybe some bombers can have certain characteristics that we can set? (For example, a pyro is more likely to drop bombs more than needed, a scavenger goes around gathering powerups, a puncher punches bombs etc)

All the AI improvements can also be based on computer level, so 1 would be very basic and 3 (or more if you decide to add) will have very strategic bombers.

And I also agree to put an arrow for Trial Mode.

I'm wondering about some things though:

Will there be online play? Playing online of this game will offer some real fun challenges.

Will there be more players? 12 is enough, but 16 would be pretty cool.

Will we have other modes of play? Such as Air Raid In Bomber Blast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A0bmSE3nmI

would be a fun mini-game

Will there be battle levels like in Super Bomberman? Like Bombzone (battle with bombs falling from the sky) or Western Zone (Bombers are located near the center) or flower zone, where soft blocks 'grow' out.
Sorry if there is already a level with similar perks .

Also in Super Bomberman, theres a chance a bomb will defuse, and will just remain there until another bomb detonates it. Maybe we can have another game mechanic based on this? Maybe a poison will increase the rate of defuse to 50%.

Also It would be cool to have the ability to add custom songs.

One Frustrating thing though:

Sometimes i would like to change the map between rounds, but that doesn't seem possible.

I think there should be a Single Level, Shuffle Level, Random Level, Random Power, and Total Random play.

For example, Single level is what we have now. After a round, the same map is played again. In shuffle, we can choose another map. In Random Level, it will play a random level after the first round is played. In Random Power, the same levels is played, but a new set of power ups are randomly chosen. In Total Random, Random Level and Random Power-ups.

Totally random Power ups might not work, how about a list of different powerup presets? There is one default for every level/variation, and we can edit them and save them as new presets. Then Random can choose from the different presets.

The idea is from Worms Series from Team17, where we can have different customizable levels of play, choosing the different weapons that are available etc.

Also, maybe a Level Editor? we can choose a preset like Fields of glory, than have Variation C1, C2, C3. And we can edit these levels.

Just some ideas. Thanks for reading! Looking forward to the next update!
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#230  Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
I quite like the idea of saveable powerup presets actually. It would also be nice to be able to set egg percentages.
Also, to spice up air raid, there should be rare opportunities to grab powerups placed in dangerous areas (powerups that dont involve laying bombs only of course).

2 questions though. What is the exact distance for powergloving players? I feel as though sometimes I throw them too far or too near but I can't seem to calculate the distance.
Is not being able to bomb stop kicked bombs that you didn't lay intentional? Happens for both chain reaction bumps and normal kicks.

Lastly, a suggestion that I may or may not have already mentioned before but... can you make it so that explosions can pass over the large gaps in the middle of the space themed stages?

Last edited by Someone64 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm
Jei
Bomberman

Post#231  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting, OP updated with a video.

dethkwok wrote:
I agree with some points here, such as better AI that know how to use their power ups. And maybe some bombers can have certain characteristics that we can set? (For example, a pyro is more likely to drop bombs more than needed, a scavenger goes around gathering powerups, a puncher punches bombs etc)

I think higher-level AI will just gain some character specific qualities dependent on chosen skin (like Higgins hoarding items more often and Milon stalling).

dethkwok wrote:
Will there be online play? Playing online of this game will offer some real fun challenges.

Some form of netplay should eventually be in, but can't exactly tell when.

dethkwok wrote:
Will there be more players? 12 is enough, but 16 would be pretty cool.

There might be a specific mode allowing more bots on playfield, but I don't think maximal number of local players will change.

dethkwok wrote:
Will we have other modes of play? Such as Air Raid In Bomber Blast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A0bmSE3nmI

would be a fun mini-game

I don't know yet whether or not special modes will make an appearance, they probably will be in in some form.

dethkwok wrote:
Will there be battle levels like in Super Bomberman? Like Bombzone (battle with bombs falling from the sky) or Western Zone (Bombers are located near the center) or flower zone, where soft blocks 'grow' out.
Sorry if there is already a level with similar perks .

Rock Garden has soft blocks steadily spawning, Path to Glory C is similar to Western Zone and a gimmick similar to Bomb Zone is set to appear in next version.

dethkwok wrote:
Also in Super Bomberman, theres a chance a bomb will defuse, and will just remain there until another bomb detonates it. Maybe we can have another game mechanic based on this? Maybe a poison will increase the rate of defuse to 50%.

This could be one of the curses.

dethkwok wrote:
Also It would be cool to have the ability to add custom songs.

Perhaps.

dethkwok wrote:
Sometimes i would like to change the map between rounds, but that doesn't seem possible.

I think there should be a Single Level, Shuffle Level, Random Level, Random Power, and Total Random play.

For example, Single level is what we have now. After a round, the same map is played again. In shuffle, we can choose another map. In Random Level, it will play a random level after the first round is played. In Random Power, the same levels is played, but a new set of power ups are randomly chosen. In Total Random, Random Level and Random Power-ups.

Totally random Power ups might not work, how about a list of different powerup presets? There is one default for every level/variation, and we can edit them and save them as new presets. Then Random can choose from the different presets.

The idea is from Worms Series from Team17, where we can have different customizable levels of play, choosing the different weapons that are available etc.

Also, maybe a Level Editor? we can choose a preset like Fields of glory, than have Variation C1, C2, C3. And we can edit these levels.

Just some ideas. Thanks for reading! Looking forward to the next update!

Menu should get revamped in future, allowing for more elaborate battle options. I've been considering adding some kind of level editing feature compatible with fury94 Bomberman game, but there isn't anything concrete on the subject yet.

Quote:
2 questions though. What is the exact distance for powergloving players? I feel as though sometimes I throw them too far or too near but I can't seem to calculate the distance.

Power Glove auto-aims at nearest opponent in front of you that is 5 spaces away from you maximally and 1 minimally. If there is no enemy in sight, the bomb is thrown 3 spaces away.

Quote:
Is not being able to bomb stop kicked bombs that you didn't lay intentional? Happens for both chain reaction bumps and normal kicks.

Ability to stop only your own bombs put into motion is intentional, although it is subject to change.

Quote:
Lastly, a suggestion that I may or may not have already mentioned before but... can you make it so that explosions can pass over the large games in the middle of the space themed stages?

"Hole" gimmick will probably appear in some stage, although not sure yet if in that particular one.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#232  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
dethkwok wrote:

I don't believe that this happens in normal play. If it does happen, it's only a Skull effect. I don't remember that effect existing in Super Bomberman, though. Are you sure you're not remembering another Bomberman game?

In any case, if you're suggesting that it should also occur when a player is NOT under the effect of a Skull item, that would be a terrible design choice.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#233  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I don't believe that this happens in normal play. If it does happen, it's only a Skull effect. I don't remember that effect existing in Super Bomberman, though. Are you sure you're not remembering another Bomberman game?

Actually, I do recall this happening without skull item randomly in Super Bomberman 1. The bomb would eventually fuse itself after ~5 seconds though.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#234  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Huh. It seems that you guys are correct. It only happens in the Battle Game, which I rarely played in Super Bomberman 1. Here's text from the "Super Bomberman Hudson Official Guidebook", page 56:

[Collapse] English
Sometimes, a bomb that you set won't explode readily. It's an unexploded bomb. If you only have 1 bomb and you place an unexploded bomb, you cannot set the next bomb until it explodes. On the other hand, if an opponent drops an unexploded bomb, go and attack them without delay. Defeating them will be easier.

[Collapse] Japanese
爆弾をセットしたのになかなか爆発しない、とい
うことがたまにあるはず。それが不発弾だ。
爆弾1個しか置けない状態で不
発弾が出ると、爆発するまで次の爆
弾がセットできなくなる。逆に相手
に不発弾が出たら、すかさず攻撃し
にいこう。比較的ラクに倒せるぞ。

I can appreciate their creativity, but it still sounds like a bad idea, though, unless used as a Skull effect. It throws too much of a luck factor into a strategic game that is already cluttered with random variables.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#235  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I actually meant powergloving players as in holding opponents not bombs. :P I should have been more clear.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#236  Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Can you let Orange Ball join? He is great bomber.
Even he had no arms, But he can pick up the bombs with magic.
Orange Ball look like: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/081/4/b/orange_ball___request_by_bfdi_waterbottle-d7b8udq.png
I had to make Orange Ball's sprites first.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#237  Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, Jaklub, Check out nadiya2000's new project. It's called Bomberobjects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGgULiRvF8
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#238  Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub, Can you rip and upload Saturn Bomberman sound effect
Jei
Bomberman

Post#239  Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Sorry for not replying for a while, been a tad busy lately. Thanks for replying.

Someone64 wrote:
I actually meant powergloving players as in holding opponents not bombs. :P I should have been more clear.

They go fixed distance. More far out though, so you can't precisely aim the opponent at an explosion.

Quote:
Can you let Orange Ball join? He is great bomber.
Even he had no arms, But he can pick up the bombs with magic.
Orange Ball look like: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/081/4/b/orange_ball___request_by_bfdi_waterbottle-d7b8udq.png
I had to make Orange Ball's sprites first.

That's nice, but I think this one would have to wait for character customization if it comes. I'd prefer to keep the Battle Mode cast Bomberman/Hudson/Konami related.

Quote:
Hey, Jaklub, Check out nadiya2000's new project. It's called Bomberobjects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGgULiRvF8

That's certainly interesting, but the framerate drop is visible even on the video. If it's being done in GM and soft blocks/walls are separate instances of an object, I'd recommend toning down the stage size, cutting down on instances will help a lot. Power Bomberman keeps the stage data in few arrays, softblocks being drawn on surfaces and hard blocks being tiles/backgrounds, it's noticeably faster this way.

Quote:
Jaklub, Can you rip and upload Saturn Bomberman sound effect

The ones I have ripped are already included with this game, check the folder with sounds. I'll rip more when I need them, but for now you'll have to do with what is there.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#240  Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I finished Sprite Sheet of Orange Ball

I hope New version of Power Bomberman release this month before October.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 12 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2421s
Index - Back to Top