[Replies: 892]  [Views: 1099795]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#201  Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I'd think that players would only enter their Revenge Carts if they are truly dead, i.e. their flags have been destroyed. Otherwise, they're just temporarily removed from the field. That seems like the least complicated way of handling it.
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#202  Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting, I appreciate it.

Azure wrote:
1. Since you can choose which items and the number of them that appear in soft blocks, maybe you could do the same for choosing which items that Bombermen start with. I think there could be some really cool matches made from this. Like starting with 5 full power bombs, but having all soft block items turned off. I'm sure players could come up with awesome combinations.

I can't yet tell if it will end up being in the next version, but it likely will eventually be in.

Azure wrote:
2. Could you add a 'random item' icon in the soft block item select? This would select random items to place in soft blocks. Here's my logic- there are a lot of cool but obscure items that are usually left off in matches. You usually don't want a bunch of weird stuff filling your matches, after all. But say you set the 'random item' to 1. That means that 1 strong or 1 weird or just 1 more regular item could show up. A wild card like this could spice up matches and keep things unpredictable without shaking up the core Bomberman competition too much. Of course you'd also be able to set random items high and let chaos ensue.

Yes.

Regarding Hatahatatoritori stage, I am not saying I don't know what it is, I am just saying that I am not yet sure if that thing will actually get implemented, although I'll definitely consider it.
Faiyz
Bomberbie

Post#203  Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
While Jaklub is reviewing bug reports/requested features, here's some of my own, albeit very minor feature requests:

● At the Battle Results screen in Standard Mode, there are slots for 12 players no matter what. Since this mode doesn't use 12 players, it would be nice to have adjustable slots depending on how many players/teams are actually "playing", giving the actual game a more polished feel. For example, slots for 2/4/6/8 people/COM's currently playing. Or you can go all out and have 2 through 8 predefined sets of slots for the Results screen.

Custom Characters! - While this may be more of a known feature, and a feature that might be exclusive to offline play, it would be nice to see characters that other users have created using their own graphics. However, this feature is optional, but it's an idea that I'm pitching as a future add-on. It would be no easy feat, but sometimes people create amazing things with the flexibility given to them... and I'm rambling. Sorry!

Bugs:

● You currently cannot play with less than 4 players on Path to Glory (1-B). This might have been reported as an entirely different bug altogether, I'm not sure. Anyway, the map is incompatible with 2-3 players as the game will try to grab variables for the other players, which are currently out-of-bounds in Game Maker logic.

Here is the code order for the bug in question, in order: (playerindex 2 or 3)
[Collapse Text]
Code:
                    ^
at position 19: Unknown variable playerindex or array index out of bounds
Code:
for object control_obj:

Error in code at line 31:
     other.bomber_object[player] = self.id;
                         ^
at position 24: Unknown variable player
Code:
for object control_obj:

In script winner_check:
Error in code at line 15:
       tr[team] = 1;
          ^
at position 9: Unknown variable team

(This piece of code loops indefinitely)

Minor Bugs/Oddities:

● You can win while hoisting a bomb above your head, and it'll result in the bomb being suspended in midair until the next screen transition.
● Characters don't get a sad animation when they get the Sandal item in the "Rui's Surprise" Bonus Game.
● It's possible to kick in the wrong direction against an arrow panel and get a looping sound effect as you hold that button, making a rather annoying noise.
● Some fonts like the ones used in "TIME BONUS" appear to be grainy no matter what resolution you set it to. This is purely a cosmetic oversight and has nothing to do with gameplay.
● In the "Dungeon" stage, it might or might not have been intentional, but the classic NES sounds as well as the bomb+item reskins seem to disappear after one round on that stage.

Last edited by Faiyz on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:47 pm
RealRed5pizza
Bomberbie

Post#204  Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Faiyz wrote:
Bugs:

● You currently cannot play with less than 4 players on Path to Glory (1-B). This might have been reported as an entirely different bug altogether, I'm not sure. Anyway, the map is incompatible with 2-3 players as the game will try to grab variables for the other players, which are currently out-of-bounds in Game Maker logic.

Here is the code order for the bug in question, in order: (playerindex 2 or 3)
[Collapse Text]
Code:
                    ^
at position 19: Unknown variable playerindex or array index out of bounds
Code:
for object control_obj:

Error in code at line 31:
     other.bomber_object[player] = self.id;
                         ^
at position 24: Unknown variable player
Code:
for object control_obj:

In script winner_check:
Error in code at line 15:
       tr[team] = 1;
          ^
at position 9: Unknown variable team

(This piece of code loops indefinitely)

I Know! It happens to me when I play a CPU against this player! :mad: 

AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Can you make this stage, It's called Hatahatatoritori from Super Bomberman 4. where the flags are in this stage.
http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Hatahatatoritori

Bug Report:

My Friend, nadiya2000 was playing Power Bomberman, 2 players game on Path of Glory Variations B, I got a error, It's shown 2 White Bombermans and 1 Black Bomberman????

Same there but they are 2 White Bombermans might be a problem it used to happens to me when I was against from hige hige bandit.
Faiyz
Bomberbie

Post#205  Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Red5pizzaFan wrote:

At least it's only on that specific stage, unless I'm missing something here... Either way, can't wait for players to have their own items so we can see some awesome one-on-one duels.
For example, the Endurance Battles in Super Bomberman 4.

Also, new minor bug has been posted.
RealRed5pizza
Bomberbie

Post#206  Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Faiyz wrote:
Red5pizzaFan wrote:

At least it's only on that specific stage, unless I'm missing something here... Either way, can't wait for players to have their own items so we can see some awesome one-on-one duels.
For example, the Endurance Battles in Super Bomberman 4.

Also, new minor bug has been posted.

Okay, Thanks for letting me know! :peace: 
Dark_Pontifex
Bomberbie

Post#207  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi Jaklub, today I connected 10 Gamepads to my PC to test the local multiplayer of your game. Unfortunately the game only recognizes 3 gamepads so far. Keep up the good work!
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#208  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, yeah. I think it's mentioned in the first post actually. It's a problem with Game Maker 8 and not Power Bomberman itself.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#209  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for playing, the Path to Glory issue and minor issues will be fixed. All fonts will be eventually replaced with pixel-art ones, customizable features might become a thing, although this is not set in stone. Regarding gamepads, I myself only have one, although a fellow tester has confirmed that 4 Xbox 360 controllers should work as well. Perhaps try toggling around in system settings to make sure the computer recognizes all of your pads.
Dark_Pontifex
Bomberbie

Post#210  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
The system detects all of them. In the game Bombsquad all 10 are working. The XBOX 360 didn´t work, but the fake PS3 ones.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#211  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's a tad strange, my Xbox 360 controller works just fine here and so did the reported ones. I did hear that there are some weird shenanigans related to Xbox 360 pads in general though, perhaps try using different drivers (I am using an official USB adapter to connect my pad wirelessly).
Faiyz
Bomberbie

Post#212  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks again for checking in with us, Jaklub. I didn't even know that controller issues were a thing until you mentioned them in this forum. Can't wait to get a taste of the pixel art fonts and how they'll look when a new version (possibly 4.2) is released to the general public. I can assume that you won't be pushing a release, but I'll be keeping a watch in case it ever does get released.

Oh yeah, and I know requests can be complex, and I apologize if I'm being overwhelming in any way. I try not to be.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#213  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting, requested features will be looked into (and they aren't that overwhelming, at least yet lol)

Future release will occur eventually, I don't yet know whether it will be 0.5.1 or 0.4.2, depends on amount of stuff I manage to get in.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#214  Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:16 am  Reply with quote + 
When the next version is released?

Faiyz wrote:
While Jaklub is reviewing bug reports/requested features, here's some of my own, albeit very minor feature requests:

● At the Battle Results screen in Standard Mode, there are slots for 12 players no matter what. Since this mode doesn't use 12 players, it would be nice to have adjustable slots depending on how many players/teams are actually "playing", giving the actual game a more polished feel. For example, slots for 2/4/6/8 people/COM's currently playing. Or you can go all out and have 2 through 8 predefined sets of slots for the Results screen.

Custom Characters! - While this may be more of a known feature, and a feature that might be exclusive to offline play, it would be nice to see characters that other users have created using their own graphics. However, this feature is optional, but it's an idea that I'm pitching as a future add-on. It would be no easy feat, but sometimes people create amazing things with the flexibility given to them... and I'm rambling. Sorry!

I agree with Faiyz.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#215  Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
Future release will occur eventually, I don't yet know whether it will be 0.5.1 or 0.4.2, depends on amount of stuff I manage to get in.

Pro tip: Never mention the next release. As far as you're concerned, it doesn't exist as a possibility.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#216  Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Pro tip: Never mention the next release. As far as you're concerned, it doesn't exist as a possibility.

i shoulda learned by now hee hee
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#217  Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Bug Report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNlXcBgxvMM#t=69
Milon just killed himself with his bomb due to AI Glitch. He is beside the minecart.
RealRed5pizza
Bomberbie

Post#218  Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:15 am  Reply with quote + 
AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Bug Report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNlXcBgxvMM#t=69
Milon just killed himself with his bomb due to AI Glitch. He is beside the minecart.

I watched this part about 1:11 and it was.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#219  Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
AI will get another bunch of improvements
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#220  Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:43 am  Reply with quote + 
I seem to have found a secret mechanic for the power glove. Maybe something to do with timing after pick up and pressing a direction. I was able to throw it farther/nearer with this technique but I can't quite do it consistently.

EDIT: Wait... Does this have anything to do with a strange request about throw behavior I made before? If it is, then it doesn't have anything to do with timing but it does enemy position.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 11 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2170s
Index - Back to Top