[Replies: 892]  [Views: 1099865]
Users browsing this topic: 4 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#161  Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Excuse me, Can you upload Red Bomber and Gold Bomber's Sprite Sheets, So I can use and recolor your sprites for myself.
Where can i unlock some characters skins and does it's have a hidden password to unlock all characters skins.
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#162  Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nnnope

And you can unlock characters in Battle Trial mode or use a certain overused code on the title screen
Azure
Bomberbie

Post#163  Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welp. This is the greatest thing ever. Awesome job. Can't wait to bring this to game night.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#164  Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Screw them passwords. I don't need them. Although, to view the trials credits, maybe I do.

Exiting the game fixed this, but still pretty weird.

Some things I noticed:

I noticed in trial mode, the enemies would actually try to attack each other. Allies would also try to attack me. I don't know if this applies to normal battles, but it is something that should probably be changed. It made a lot of the trials much, much easier. Or, in the case of the ally attacking me, it caused me to die like two, maybe three times. Notably in Grand Rematch.

In Femme Fatale, under certain circumstances, Yuna can kill herself right at the start of the map. It involves the start up terrain around her and, due to her Power Bomb, she sometimes places it in a way that just kills herself. dumb blonde

Perhaps there could be some kind of passive item that protects a character's items by preventing enemies from stunning them and knocking those items out? In a lot of the duel / boss match ups, I found it incredibly easy to just debuff any opponent with the Power Glove until they were just powerless against me. That also made the trials much easier for me.

Still pretty enjoyable, and some of the later bosses were pretty fun /challenging in how crazy the battles were.
Azure
Bomberbie

Post#165  Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Great times so far. Gameplay has been great, but there are a few weird things about menus. I have some suggestions- all easy to implement- perhaps even easy enough to make it for 0.42.

1. In the trial select menu, it would be nice if there was an arrow or highlighting over the x or o you're on to signify which trial is selected. Scrolling through x's and o's without knowing which one I'm currently on is disorientating. I am aware that the center symbol is the current trial, but it's still weird to have no indicator. This would be a super easy fix methinks.

2. If you go back from "specific match settings" the stage you currently had selected is reset. Kinda weird since other settings don't reset.

3. In the "specific match settings", the back button is also the scroll down button when selecting handicaps, roos, and item numbers. For a new user its not very intuitive. I kept trying to go back to stage select only to jack up the number of bomb panels. Maybe you could set the scroll down button to C? This is probably the biggest issue on my list. Players wanna fly through the menus and have total, natural control. You can go back with the back button in every other menu... except on the "Custom - Trial - Quick - Back" screen. That oughta be adjusted too. Easy fix.

4. On a similar note to the above point, having the start button scroll values up is slightly strange. I get not wanting to have the start button just begin the match, but consider having the start button take the cursor up to "start". Or maybe it just shouldn't do anything. This one probably isn't that big of a deal. Just something to consider.

5. As far as I can tell there's no way to exit Score Mode except by suicide. If I have a friend show up or have a sudden mood swing I want out ASAP- preferably by pausing and exiting.

6. This one's not really a critique, but rather a suggestion. Since you have music select, I think it's only right that you make an option for random song. :-P

I know these probably sound like nitpicks, but I think these things become more important when trying to nab new players. Gameplay-wise, your Bomberman is spot on. "Item Help" is a fantastic idea; was that original or from another Bomberman? And Trial Mode is probably the first time i've ever been interested in a single player Bomberman experience. So cool. The sheer amount of content is amazing. And personally, I always preferred the pre-3d graphics for Bomberman. This is shaping up to be my favorite Bomberman game.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#166  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:48 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Screw them passwords. I don't need them. Although, to view the trials credits, maybe I do.

Exiting the game fixed this, but still pretty weird.

Some things I noticed:

I noticed in trial mode, the enemies would actually try to attack each other. Allies would also try to attack me. I don't know if this applies to normal battles, but it is something that should probably be changed. It made a lot of the trials much, much easier. Or, in the case of the ally attacking me, it caused me to die like two, maybe three times. Notably in Grand Rematch.

In Femme Fatale, under certain circumstances, Yuna can kill herself right at the start of the map. It involves the start up terrain around her and, due to her Power Bomb, she sometimes places it in a way that just kills herself. dumb blonde

Perhaps there could be some kind of passive item that protects a character's items by preventing enemies from stunning them and knocking those items out? In a lot of the duel / boss match ups, I found it incredibly easy to just debuff any opponent with the Power Glove until they were just powerless against me. That also made the trials much easier for me.

Still pretty enjoyable, and some of the later bosses were pretty fun /challenging in how crazy the battles were.

Haha wow that's embarrassing. Thanks for the report, I will fix that. Power Glove will receive a nerf relating thrown bomb trajectory.

Azure wrote:
Great times so far. Gameplay has been great, but there are a few weird things about menus. I have some suggestions- all easy to implement- perhaps even easy enough to make it for 0.42.

1. In the trial select menu, it would be nice if there was an arrow or highlighting over the x or o you're on to signify which trial is selected. Scrolling through x's and o's without knowing which one I'm currently on is disorientating. I am aware that the center symbol is the current trial, but it's still weird to have no indicator. This would be a super easy fix methinks.

2. If you go back from "specific match settings" the stage you currently had selected is reset. Kinda weird since other settings don't reset.

3. In the "specific match settings", the back button is also the scroll down button when selecting handicaps, roos, and item numbers. For a new user its not very intuitive. I kept trying to go back to stage select only to jack up the number of bomb panels. Maybe you could set the scroll down button to C? This is probably the biggest issue on my list. Players wanna fly through the menus and have total, natural control. You can go back with the back button in every other menu... except on the "Custom - Trial - Quick - Back" screen. That oughta be adjusted too. Easy fix.

4. On a similar note to the above point, having the start button scroll values up is slightly strange. I get not wanting to have the start button just begin the match, but consider having the start button take the cursor up to "start". Or maybe it just shouldn't do anything. This one probably isn't that big of a deal. Just something to consider.

5. As far as I can tell there's no way to exit Score Mode except by suicide. If I have a friend show up or have a sudden mood swing I want out ASAP- preferably by pausing and exiting.

6. This one's not really a critique, but rather a suggestion. Since you have music select, I think it's only right that you make an option for random song. :-P

I know these probably sound like nitpicks, but I think these things become more important when trying to nab new players. Gameplay-wise, your Bomberman is spot on. "Item Help" is a fantastic idea; was that original or from another Bomberman? And Trial Mode is probably the first time i've ever been interested in a single player Bomberman experience. So cool. The sheer amount of content is amazing. And personally, I always preferred the pre-3d graphics for Bomberman. This is shaping up to be my favorite Bomberman game.

Thanks for playing, I will apply these. The closest thing to Item Help was the tutorial sequence in Neo Bomberman, but it only covered Kick and Power Glove. Functions of non-basic powerups like Bead Bomb could be obscure to most players, an easy way to see how items work was a necessity to add.

EDIT: Decided to update the game file with some important bugfixes, this is not 0.4.2 yet, but important issues should be gone. You guys might want to redownload the game files (excluding music). Thank you for reading.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#167  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:33 am  Reply with quote + 
If you upload Red Bomberman and Gold Bomberman's Sprite Sheets, I might give you credit when i used your own sprites.

By the Way, I uploaded 3 videos on your game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABgTF0_E8Wg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6medfgwi4hs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyRLh3QzStY

Also, Is there any hidden or secret code to unlock all characters skins? (Ignore this, I have founded secret code)

Last edited by nadiya8040 on Mon May 26, 2014 10:16 am
Fiddling3857
Bomberjack

Post#168  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
If you make me a real fruit smoothie, I might say thank you after I eat it.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#169  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Again, the Battle Trial Mode was awesome. Some of those "bosses" near the end got pretty intense. I do agree with DF on the problem of debuffing the enemies - especially against one foe, and being granted the Power Glove right from the start, it made it pretty easy to just strip the opponents.

In both Trials that use the Dungeon map, if the player dies and retries, the retro bomb/item effects revert to the new style.

I messed up one frame of Plasma Bomber's sprite sheet. His standing frame for holding a bomb/player is the same as his normal standing frame. I've sent you a revised sheet with the correct frame replacing it... My bad. :oops: 

I've yet to try the custom Battle Mode extensively, but from what I've seen in the Trial Mode, the new graphics look superb. One thing that I especially noticed was how the 2 HP Soft Blocks (can't remember if they had a name) have a little animation when they're first blasted; that looks a lot better.

I like the addition of those sadistic balloon Hard Blocks that laugh when people die... lol.

I was totally not expecting to see a Neo Bomberman stage reimagined in the Saturn Bomberman style (Full Power), nor the SB4 slot stage. Awesome.

Again, glad to see the return of the floating platforms. And that one weird stage with the note items was pretty interesting.

I caught a lot of in-universe and real world references in the Trial names... And there's a Battle stage called "Out of Touch" right next to another named "Out of Time"... Is that... Is that a Hall & Oates reference? If so, that's pretty great, hahah.

I'll download the revision and try out the new Battle Stages.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#170  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:50 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
In both Trials that use the Dungeon map, if the player dies and retries, the retro bomb/item effects revert to the new style.

Oh, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, I noticed that as well.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#171  Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for playing and posting, keep the feedback coming. Appreciated. Also, open to suggestions.

AndyThePrince703 wrote:
If you upload Red Bomberman and Gold Bomberman's Sprite Sheets, I might give you credit when i used your own sprites.

Nope

plasm wrote:

Will fix, thank you

plasm wrote:
I messed up one frame of Plasma Bomber's sprite sheet. His standing frame for holding a bomb/player is the same as his normal standing frame. I've sent you a revised sheet with the correct frame replacing it... My bad. :oops: 

I should have noticed that, but I didn't, haha. Implemented that.

plasm wrote:
I caught a lot of in-universe and real world references in the Trial names... And there's a Battle stage called "Out of Touch" right next to another named "Out of Time"... Is that... Is that a Hall & Oates reference? If so, that's pretty great, hahah.

Precisely :3
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#172  Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:46 am  Reply with quote + 
My head almost exploded into little bits and pieces upon checking this OP of this thread.

Some feedback: The bombercarts tilt left and right even when moving up and down which looks quite strange. Also, can you make it so that bombs are forced to be released when they reach max charge distance?
Will update post when I find more things. Great work btw! :D

Also, question. Will something happen if I put a rapid fire script to one of my buttons and hold it for about 6 seconds in the title screen?

Good thing there's a force draw option in that cute ass pause menu because this:
Spoiler:
The level generation should include having at least one empty space beside the warp points. Also, for some reason the AIs really didn't want to throw bombs at us and for some reason there are some warp points that don't work no matter how much you step on them. Lastly, MILK!? That's something I REALLY didn't expect you to add.

Is it normal for the game to freeze a little when I start a round? Sometimes it doesn't and it freezes for even longer when I start a wide stage round.

Spoiler:
Major screenshot fail. I was too late. :/ The problem was that I was able to jump into his foot while he put it down but when I took the screenshot he raised it.

Bug report:
Spoiler:
Code:
for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 9:
       if ( s.z == 0 && s.zspeed == 0 && s.remote && s.alarm[0] > 60 )
              ^
at position 13: Unknown variable z

Happens when you use bead bomb and immediately put your shield up afterwards.

Probably my 10th edit or something. Is it a bug that using Green's dash move causes me to be invincible for the period that I dash in? I'm asking because it happens in some rounds but in others it doesn't. But if it does happen in that cetain round, it will happen consistently throughout the round.

Pressing back from one of the match settings screens causes the game to swtich from maximized to small window. For some reason I was able to consistently reproduce this bug right until I started typing about it to check which settings screen exactly since it always happens to the same one. After many tries I can't seem to do it anymore.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#173  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:09 am  Reply with quote + 
I've actually been playing the boss trials again, except without using the Power Glove. It's actually pretty difficult. The AI has godly reactions with the kicking and I'm constantly putting myself in danger just to have a chance to harm the enemy. Without the Power Glove to debuff them, I have no real advantage to press against them. It's a pretty fun kind of difficulty.

One thing I notice about the Power Glove is the delay it takes to pick up the bomb. In these sort of close ranged bomb skirmishes like the ones I'm having, that delay can actually make a significant impact if the ability is triggered unintentionally, which can happen when you're running alongside the enemy and try to make a bomb.

I also have mixed feelings about the delay as well. On the one hand, it's an interesting nerf to a strong ability. On the other hand, it makes it difficult / impossible to react to a bomb being thrown at you. I seem to recall playing SB4 with plasm and one of the ways to counter the Power Glove is to use your own Power Glove to quickly put a bomb in your hand and use your bomb to bounce off the other guy's bomb. It was pretty interesting and fast paced.

I'm not really sure how to go about this. On the one hand, the ability to quickly throw bombs is something that partially makes the Juggle Glove unique. On the other hand, the slow pick up from the Power Glove removes / reduces the ability to counter the Bomb Throw debuff with another Power Glove. At the same time, having a strong power up only countered by itself seems unfair.

I would suggest that perhaps if there were more ways to counter the Power Glove, it would be more acceptable with its ability to debuff enemies. The problem is, I don't know what other items could be viable for this. I was thinking the Punch item at first, but that ability already seems strong enough as an escape tool. I also think that there should be an item capable of debuffing in general, just to give the smaller guy some means to counter a larger guy who perhaps only got so large due to luck on various factors.

Is the AI capable of countering a bomb thrown at them? I don't think I've ever seen the AI, even if they had a Power Glove, react to a Bomb being thrown at them. That may also be part of the problem with the Power Glove being too strong.

Also, I noticed something regarding the Tracing Bomb, or perhaps how bombs / bomb explosions are handled in general relative to the tiles they're on.

I was hiding around the corner of a hard block and a Tracing Bomb was coming my way. I couldn't move due to some other bombs, but I had calculated the bomb's explosion time and I knew it would blow up just before it got in range of me. And it did, but I still died. The bomb blew up just as it started to move onto the next tile, but the game registered it as being on the next tile already before the sprite could catch up, and I died as a result.

It seemed pretty unfair and also in general it looked really awkward. This is something I think should be looked into.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#174  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:18 am  Reply with quote + 
A small suggestion. What about making it so that getting hit by kicked pierce bombs stun you? Might be too big of a balance change though. When I say stun I mean without losing any powerups. Alternatively, maybe do for kick what the super power glove did for the power glove, which is make a super kick that makes ALL kicked bombs cause stuns?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#175  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
A smal suggestion. What about making it so that getting hit by kicked pierce bombs stun you? Might be too big of a balance change though. When I say stun I mean without losing any powerups. Alternatively, maybe do for kick what the super power glove did for the power glove, which is make a super kick that makes ALL kicked bombs cause stuns?

Why specifically Pierce Bombs? It seems like Rubber Bombs might be better for that if there were a select bomb, due to the utility they have with the bomb kick.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#176  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm trying to apply real world logic to it. :P Not always a good idea. I know. But you know... What would happen if you got smacked by a large spikey ball?

By the way, is the ??? stage an original idea? It's bloody awesome. Everything about it. The music, the sounds, the mechanics. They all feel like they fit together so well.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#177  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I'm trying to apply real world logic to it. :P Not always a good idea. I know. But you know... What would happen if you got smacked by a large spikey ball?

I don't know if there is an official rule book anywhere when it comes to applying balance to a game's mechanics, but if there was, the first rule would probably be "Do not use realism as a basis for your concept of balance."

Using realism as inspiration is fine, but if you don't have anything else to use to support a balance change, then it's probably bad. I've seen people make the mistake of using realism to justify balance many times before. Most of the time it failed, while the only instances of it turning out good or 'alright' being due to luck, rather than by that person's own ability to actually create balance. Even then, there's almost always a better way to do things if you have someone thinking more logically from a balance perspective.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#178  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Balance? I had in mind that it probably would have really thrown the balance off but... Just throwing ridiculous and maybe interesting ideas out of my ass 'cause it's fun. It's like when people randomly ask things like "what if Jaklub added a nuke bomb to the game? lol".
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#179  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Balance? I had in mind that it probably would have really thrown the balance off but... Just throwing ridiculous and maybe interesting ideas out of my ass 'cause it's fun. It's like when people randomly ask things like "what if Jaklub added a nuke bomb to the game? lol".

To each their own.

Some people don't care about balance or that they're breaking a game because they find the means at which they do so to be enjoyable. On the other hand, a game without balance can look unpolished and be unenjoyable as a result because it's so easy to win via exploits. For people looking for a fair game or a challenge, they have to restrict themselves on features which break the balance, and stripping a game of its content like that is pretty bad.

I would assume you're more of the former, while I am more of the latter. You can't completely cater to one crowd without losing another, though you can try to go for, funnily enough, a balance between the two to appeal to both crowds at once. Of course, that takes a lot more skill. In the end, it is up to Jaklub as to how he wishes to move his project.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#180  Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:10 am  Reply with quote + 
I do care about balance when it reaches the point that you can consider it game breaking. Specially, in the case of bomberman, if it means developing a tactical monoculture which would obviously decrease variety in gameplay. Though now that I think of it, the second idea (implement as a power up) may not be that bad in terms of balance as long as you put the power up amount default levels right.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 9 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2301s
Index - Back to Top